Below are some less known but interesting facts regarding the Pine tree which is also the most common coniferous tree worldwide.
Here are the Facts:
- As we know there are about 100 species of Pine trees.
- species are mostly found in the Northern Hemisphere, with the exception of one.
- Pine trees are what we call evergreens because they keep their needles for approximately 2 years. When old needles falls, new needles quickly take their place.
- Pine tree needles can grow in length from 1 inch to 11 inches.
- Both male and female pine trees do produce woody cones. The female cones produce more seeds, while the male cones produce the pollen.
- Depending on species, pine trees in Lexington Kentrucky can mature at 4 ft. tall all the way to 150 ft. tall.
- Kentucky Pine trees are known to live, on average, 100 years, in favorable conditions.
Total Tree Service Lexington offers free estimates on tree assessments, tree removal, tree pruning, tree planting, and much more.